I know I talked about this the other day. But it is important.
Would you consider yourself in a good relationship with someone if they:
- Only talked and never let you talk
- Always asked you for stuff and wasn’t worried about you as a person
- Talked about you as if they knew you but spent little time with you
- Wanted you to be or treat them a certain way but were unconcerned about they way you wanted them to be or how you wanted to be treated
- Had all requirements but disregarded yours
That’s some of us. If we are guilty of this on a regular basis, I’d say we need to check ourselves and fix our relationship with God.
Relationships are not one-sided. No relationship is 50/50. But um there should be an exchange, a balance. Especially since we will never be able to give to Him what He gives to us.
We will NEVER get to 50/50 with God. I doubt it would ever be better than 90/10 in reality. But the way some of us operate, we have made it 99 (us)/1 (Him) by the way we relate to Him and interact with Him. We gotta do better!